Inorganic Phosphorus Detection Service

Phosphorus is an important nutrient for bone health, and extracellular phosphate is an important component of bone. Growing children have a positive phosphate balance to support bone growth, while adults have zero phosphate balance. If the phosphate balance is negative, it will lead to osteomalacia. Creative BioMart Biomarker is capable to provide our customers with superior Inorganic Phosphorus detection service, various detection methods ensuring high sensitivity for detecting biomarkers in different samples with different concentrations.

Introduction

Phosphorus is an essential nutrient for human health and has many physiological functions. These include structural effects because phosphorus is the major component of the cell membrane (ie, the phospholipid bilayer), the sugar-phosphate backbone of nucleic acids, and the hydroxyapatite (Ca10(PO4)6(OH)2) in bone and teeth. In addition, phosphorus plays an important role in energy metabolism (eg, ATP, GTP, ADP, and GDP), acid/base balance, and intracellular cellular signaling. 85% of the phosphate is present in bones and teeth, and the remaining 15% is present in soft tissue and extracellular fluid. In plasma, phosphate is present in inorganic or organic form, which consists primarily of phospholipids and phosphate esters. The total concentration of phosphate in plasma is about 14 mg/dL, of which 4 mg/dL is inorganic phosphate (Pi). In Pi, which is routinely measured in a clinical setting, 10-15% binds to protein and the remainder is filtered in the glomerulus, usually forming a complex with sodium, calcium or magnesium. Phosphorus deficiency leads to adult osteomalcia and developmental delays in children and osteoporosis. Phosphorus is regulated by a variety of hormones including parathyroid hormone (PTH), 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D (1,25D) and fibroblast growth factor 23 (FGF23). Early animal studies have shown that high dietary phosphorus reduces bone mass. In addition, high inorganic phosphate concentration inhibits osteoclastogenesis by modulating miR-223.

Inorganic Phosphorus Detection ServiceFigure 1. Mechanism of inorganic phosphorus.

Application of Inorganic Phosphorus

  • Phosphorus level can be used as a marker to predict phosphate balance in vivo, and some diseases such as osteomalacia and bone mass.

Our Advantages

  • Accept a wide range of sample types
  • Ensure high sensitivity for detecting inorganic phosphorus in different samples
  • Ensure high accuracy and repeatable inorganic phosphorus detection
  • Ensure a wide kinetic range to detect samples of different concentrations
  • Short experimental period

Workflow of Inorganic Phosphorus Detection at Creative BioMart Biomarker

Creative BioMart Biomarker strictly controls each specific experimental step in the Inorganic Phosphorus detection procedure to ensure high sensitivity, high accuracy and repeatable Inorganic Phosphorus detection.

Inorganic Phosphorus Detection Service

Please feel free to contact us if you would like to know more about Inorganic Phosphorus detection. At Creative BioMart Biomarker, we not only provide high-quality Inorganic Phosphorus detection service, but also provide detection services for other biomarkers. Additionally, our experts can also provide and help design the best solution according to your specific requirements.

References:

  1. Christov, M.; Jüppner, H. Phosphate homeostasis disorders. Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2018, 32(5):685-706.
  2. Vorland, C.J.; et al. Effects of excessive dietary phosphorus intake on bone health. Curr Osteoporos Rep. 2017, 15(5): 473-482.
  3. Stremke, E.R.; Gallant K.M. Intestinal phosphorus absorption in Chronic Kidney Disease. Nutrients. 2018, 10:1364.
  4. M’Baya-Moutoula, E.; et al. High inorganic phosphate concentration inhibits osteoclastogenesis by modulating miR-223. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta. 2015, 1582: 2202-2212.

Menu

Contact Us

Subscribe

Enter your email here to subscribe